Monday, March 30, 2009

First time Gardeners

SO we decided to plant a garden this year. Picked the spot and got it all ready. We even started some plants... The kids are anxious for things to grow.
We hope to grow tomatoes, strawberries, peas, black beans, lettuce, a pumpkin, watermelon, blackberries, raspberries, cilantro, onions, garlic and some sunflower seeds. Not too much for a first time is it? I'm am excited to have it grow.
We also pruned the apple tree...it looks like we stripped it. Might make for a good tree house if we don't get apples.!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome, I think we are going to try a garden too, not very big but it will be something! I hope the dogs don't destroy it.

Rachel said...

Darling family! Planting gardens are so much fun to do with the kids! I hope I can get one this year. May have to wait until next year!