OLD VS NEW

We did it! We moved! ( a little over 2 months ago..-I am just now getting my camera and everything set up again after the move, internet disruption and then a computer virus) .

Moving was much more stressful that I thought it would be(despite the kindness of the people that bought our house-sarcasm implied!) Who would have thought just moving down the street would be such a hassle.. We had great help from the Elders Quorom and friends. (many who watched my kids or helped me clean the house). It was surreal to say good-bye to our first home that we put so much work into and also made many memories. But it also felt good to move on to something else.. Granted we didn't make a huge move.. We are still in the same neighborhood and the same ward.. The kids play with the same friends and go to the same school. But it is amazing what living on a circle does for the kids and what an extra bedroom does for me.. Bed time is so much easier (madi and jake are no longer sharing a room) . The kids love their space. I love that they can go outside to play in the circle and I no longer worry about speeding cars as we did at the previous house...there are also more kids around. (I just noticed in both pictures Sam is in his diaper.
For the first month I felt like I was living in someone elses house and it was somewhat depressing. I couldn't get comfortable.. And then I painted the bathroom (it wasn't a pretty bathroom at all). IT is amazing what a little change can do. After that I have been going room to room fixing them up. It now feels more like our home.. 





I just put up all our a few days ago pictures (2 months later). Jacob said, "Mom, this looks like a home now." and Madison said, "I like what you did to our house." I never knew they paid much attention to the walls or even noticed. Not everything is finished but it is livable.

We all are loving the new house.. We have been very blessed...especially in selling our old home! I feel much more settled here and we MAY stay for a long time. But I won't promise anything!!!




2 comments:
You are so creative with your decorating and painting, I should have you help me at my place, your house is so cute I really hope you guys are liking it there :)
Hey Nicol, I just looked at your blog again!! It is so cute!! Your kids are adorable, and your new house is awesome. I can't believe how quick you decorated and got all settled in. Seeing your pictures has inspired me to do some painting and decorating of my own. Hopefully I will have some more time for that now that the kids are back in school!!
Post a Comment